Thursday, August 20, 2020

Re: Debbie Day 2



And as per usual...  the days you all do well, I don't.  Though did much better than I thought - at the beginning of the day thought I'd be a 0.  Assuming Iambic is good, 3/6. Also found defense hard - this day definitely seemed to be surprising all around.


1. Iambic :), D21.  Only poetry term I have ever heard is Iambic pentameter.

2. Girl with a Pearl Earring :), D12. Thought about this one over and over and finally clicked.

3. Burns :), D13.  Took a bit then I remembered he'd turned 100. I saw Ben was from Australia (I assume?) so thought may be tougher?  Clearly wrong!

4. Newark :(, D01.  I'm from Boston and knew Elizabeth at one point (yes, partly for IKEA!), but had forgotten.  Was thinking it could be a last name (maiden?) and was going with Hoboken or Camden but settled on Newark which I know is across the water from NYC.

5. Holy Grail :(, D22.  More of a hail mary. Couldn't think of anything (also thought of Indiana Jones and also Jewel of the Nile, but he was a person!)

6. Manchester :), D30.  No idea what this was and Manchester felt like a mining city?


No comments:

Post a Comment