I played all last week, but wasn't at my computer almost at all, so didn't get to write up any commentary. However, I did pretty well - I think I went into this week in 4th place in the rookie league. (Though let's be clear that I think a lot of people in the rookie league have been no-shows and probably shouldn't count, so my skill level is highly questionable.)
Speaking of which - a whopping ZERO points for me today! My first time doing this poorly, as I've usually been getting 3-4 questions right a day.
1 - Proletariat :( This came to me immediately, and was immediately wrong. Probably should have thought about the fact that pro means before and not the! D0
2 - Toronto :( Complete guess but it also came to mind immediately. I think we can see my patience is thin today D1
3 - Basque :( I felt good about the region, but couldn't think of a luxury brand, so just hoped I might get lucky. D3
4 - No answer :( I was clueless here. D2
5 - Portal :( This one pains me. I literally JUST watched an episode of Black Mirror on Saturday!! I was thinking it had to be a one word answer, and racked my brain trying to think of one word TV shows. I have really enjoyed Black Mirror though - I think anyone who likes LL would probably like it too, as each episode is extremely thought provoking. If you give it a shot, start with San Junipero or The History of Us. D2
6 - Pioneers :( Total guess, and another wrong one at that. I have vaguely heard of the term Sooner but had no idea what it meant; midwesterners are definitely at an advantage here. D1
Speaking of which - a whopping ZERO points for me today! My first time doing this poorly, as I've usually been getting 3-4 questions right a day.
1 - Proletariat :( This came to me immediately, and was immediately wrong. Probably should have thought about the fact that pro means before and not the! D0
2 - Toronto :( Complete guess but it also came to mind immediately. I think we can see my patience is thin today D1
3 - Basque :( I felt good about the region, but couldn't think of a luxury brand, so just hoped I might get lucky. D3
4 - No answer :( I was clueless here. D2
5 - Portal :( This one pains me. I literally JUST watched an episode of Black Mirror on Saturday!! I was thinking it had to be a one word answer, and racked my brain trying to think of one word TV shows. I have really enjoyed Black Mirror though - I think anyone who likes LL would probably like it too, as each episode is extremely thought provoking. If you give it a shot, start with San Junipero or The History of Us. D2
6 - Pioneers :( Total guess, and another wrong one at that. I have vaguely heard of the term Sooner but had no idea what it meant; midwesterners are definitely at an advantage here. D1
No comments:
Post a Comment