Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Ben Day 2

Got whooped on D yesterday 2(3)-5(3)!

3 today and worrying D again.

1 :) Tehran. Easiest fo the day. D00
2 :) Canary islands. Last night at pub trivia there was a question about volcanoes, so this was funny to see.
3 :( Party of 5. Good to see I was not alone in this trap. I didn't think Party of 5 was a sitcom, but I don't think I was ever going to make the leap to 2.5. Integer bias.
4 :) Hematite. I guess being Australian made me more familiar with iron ore than you lot, as I thought this was gimme and thus D11ed, but none of you had it!
5 :( Spotlight. I went through Argo, Spotlight, moonlight, Rocky, gigi, Chicago, Gladiator, Unforgiven, Patton, Casablanca, Parasite, Crash, Titanic, Braveheart, Platoon, Amadeus, Gandhi, Hamlet and Rain Man (wasn't sure about the space) and decided the only name in that list that I would consider an 'item' was spotlight, so put that. I did think of word associations for some of those eg Argo (boats), moonlight (sonatas), rocky (soil types), but dismissed them all as I didn't hit on any of the other words. Looks like I missed Coda (should have gotten), Marty, Rebecca, Hamlet, Wings, Cimarron, Cavalcade and Oliver!
6 :( Liverpool. like Mirkin, Mersey got me this far, which was not far enough, though I was also thinking that the Mersey might flow through Manchester (turns out it does) but knowing that for sure would only have decreased my chances of getting the right team. TIL Everton is based in Liverpool
 

No comments:

Post a Comment