5/6
1 :) Maverick Top Gun. Saw it.
2 :) Caffeine. If this wasn't right, then Thorsten would have been deliberately tricksy with the cluing, and that would be very unusual.
3 :( Snowboarding. Those events did not fit the current winter olympic menu, and the early year would have surprised me, but I figured it was a winter sport from Minnesota, so after briefly contemplating skateboard and roller-skating (California games anyone?) fixated on snowy icy stuff and submitted this bad guess.
4 :) Dracula. I did not know your dad was a vampire, Jesse.
5 :) Kwanzaa. Jumped into my head immediately and didn't have another good guess. Momentarily toyed with something Hindu/Buddhist/Islamic, but this just felt right.
6 :) Chemistry. Not sure if I've heard of this, but the guess just seemed logical. nytimes is going to delete its archives of acrostics, and on the train this morning I solved one from 5 Jan 2020 that had a quote about an aspiring female chemist. Not the same woman's quote, but I bet this helped me stumble down the right path for this question immediately!
No comments:
Post a Comment