Friday, February 24, 2023

Ben Day 9 v rando and Brian

5/6

1 :) Gothenburg. A question like this has come up somewhere before, maybe not even in LL, and I answered Malmo, at which point I was wrong and learned Gothenburg from that. I never realized that Gothenburg was the root of Goth. TIL. D22

2:) Orangutan. Seems easy D11

3 :) Complementary, supplementary. I actually have these backwards in my head, but have gotten this wrong in trivia in the past such that I go against my natural instinct. I can't recall where I got this wrong before, given the only past LL occurrence provided one of these words and asked for the other. I submitted only 70% confident that I was correctly reversing the order, but was consoled by the fact that had I gone the wrong way, I would have been losing 0. D01

4 :) Sinbad. I don't know who Sinbad is, but I know Brian loves the Mandela Effect, and I've been exposed to Mandela Effect lists so much that I've had to wonder who Sinbad is, and what Shazaam was, and how this came to be a thing, enough so that the name Sinbad goes together with shazam, even though in my life experience the 2 are non-existent as each other. D20

5 :( Jones. No shot. D33

6 :) Korea. I was kind of limited in how many peninsulas I could think of, and thanks to the Malay question above, Korean was the only kingdomy (and by association, rightly or wrongly, east Asian) sounding peninsula I had. D12

No comments:

Post a Comment