Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Seif Day 5 vs. Pelc (LLL)

A great 5/6 following a day I'd like to completely forget.  Today was a very favorable category match-up for me vs. Pelc, so I'm feeling good about it.

1. Yeats :), D32.  I knew Things Fall Apart and The Center Cannot Hold were both Yeats lines.  I didn't know they were from the same Yeats poem, though.  This could easily earn me 3 points, since it's not a category in which I'm strong.

2. Damages :(, D20.  This actually might have been gettable for me.  So much for a 6/6...

3. Emulsion :), D12.  Probably should have been a gimme for me, but it wasn't.  I was very uncertain this was right, but I couldn't think of anything else that would work.  Phew!

4. Suez Canal :), D01.  Gimme.  It's often hard for me to judge how hard history questions are, but I think this one is easy.

5. Universal :), D21.  So obvious it's almost like a trick question.  I wasn't sure it was right because it seemed to obvious, and as a result I gave it too high a D.  I wonder how many others will actually not go with "universal" because they think it's too obvious.

6. Cos :), D13.  After my performance on yesterday's math question, I think I've at least temporarily lost the right to comment on math questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment