Yes I have been slack in posting, but seeing as I was playing Seif I decided to show up.
A strong 5/6 showing for the occasion, and several questions that delightfully played to Seif's weaknesses.
1 :) theta. gimme
2 :( juxtaposition. couldnt' see how it fit light dark, but had nothing else. answer seems unfamiliar to me, but made me want to eat at a Churascaria.
3 :) Partridge Family. We had this in Australia, and it came up in conversation on a work call yesterday!
4 :) Philly Cheese steak. Thorsten alluding to a 'home town' nudged me toward this, despite the cast that I thought there was some debate about its provenance.
5 :) Tokyo. I never realize that Tokyo was probably named after Tokugawa. I just knew Edo was former name.
6 :) Jaws. I got it mostly from ichthyologist, which I knew was either insects or fish. I never remember. The USS Indianapolis likely dated it to a blockbuster decades ago, and backed up the aquatic angle, and NY police chief locked it in. I just looked up insect study and see it is endomology, but I think there is another study which sounds like icthyology which has tripped me up in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment