5/6.
1. The title of Jean Anouilh's 1953 play L'Alouette ("The Lark") refers to what historical person, who is also the subject of a 1924 George Bernard Shaw play inspired by the subject's recent (and long overdue) canonization?
Correct Answer: JOAN OF ARC
Your Answer: Joan of Ark
Points Assigned: 3
Correct Answer: JOAN OF ARC
Your Answer: Joan of Ark
Points Assigned: 3
It made sense as an answer, but I was very unsure of it.
2. What is the top-selling passenger car in the United States whose model name is also a term for a specific type of musical composition?
Correct Answer: (HYUNDAI) SONATA
Your Answer: Sonata
Points Assigned: 2
I drive a Sonata. I was worried Elantra might be a musical term or there was another car that I wasn't thinking of.
3. The Wade Trophy, which was first awarded in 1978 (to Carol Blazejowski), is given annually to a woman deemed the best collegiate player in what sport?
Correct Answer: BASKETBALL
Your Answer: Basketball
Points Assigned: 2
2. What is the top-selling passenger car in the United States whose model name is also a term for a specific type of musical composition?
Correct Answer: (HYUNDAI) SONATA
Your Answer: Sonata
Points Assigned: 2
I drive a Sonata. I was worried Elantra might be a musical term or there was another car that I wasn't thinking of.
3. The Wade Trophy, which was first awarded in 1978 (to Carol Blazejowski), is given annually to a woman deemed the best collegiate player in what sport?
Correct Answer: BASKETBALL
Your Answer: Basketball
Points Assigned: 2
Total guess, but I thought perhaps Carol Blazejowski might have been in the big ESPN basketball documentary in the past year or two.
4. The symbols commonly used to indicate male and female—a circle with an arrow pointing to the upper right (representing a sword and shield) and a circle with a cross beneath it (representing a hand mirror) are the astronomical and astrological symbols for what, respectively?
Correct Answer: MARS, VENUS
Your Answer: Mars and Venus
Points Assigned: 1
4. The symbols commonly used to indicate male and female—a circle with an arrow pointing to the upper right (representing a sword and shield) and a circle with a cross beneath it (representing a hand mirror) are the astronomical and astrological symbols for what, respectively?
Correct Answer: MARS, VENUS
Your Answer: Mars and Venus
Points Assigned: 1
I got this from the book title "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.
5. The body of literary works written during the reign of England's Elizabeth I (1558-1603) is known as Elizabethan literature, while works written during Victoria's reign constitute Victorian literature. What term, rather than "Jamesian", is used for English literature coinciding with the reign of James I, beginning in 1603?
Correct Answer: JACOBEAN
Your Answer: Tudor
Points Assigned: 1
5. The body of literary works written during the reign of England's Elizabeth I (1558-1603) is known as Elizabethan literature, while works written during Victoria's reign constitute Victorian literature. What term, rather than "Jamesian", is used for English literature coinciding with the reign of James I, beginning in 1603?
Correct Answer: JACOBEAN
Your Answer: Tudor
Points Assigned: 1
I knew Tudor was wrong, but I did not think of Jacobean.
6. The Hindu festival Diwali is commonly known as the "Festival of Lights". Likewise, Holi is sometimes referred to as the "Festival of Love" or "Festival of Spring", but most commonly (and fittingly) the "Festival of" what?
Correct Answer: COLORS
Your Answer: Color
Points Assigned: 0
I think this is easy, but I spend a large portion of my time focusing on international and travel-related things.
6. The Hindu festival Diwali is commonly known as the "Festival of Lights". Likewise, Holi is sometimes referred to as the "Festival of Love" or "Festival of Spring", but most commonly (and fittingly) the "Festival of" what?
Correct Answer: COLORS
Your Answer: Color
Points Assigned: 0
I think this is easy, but I spend a large portion of my time focusing on international and travel-related things.
No comments:
Post a Comment