Thursday, December 14, 2017

Jesse Day 21

2/6

1. The shocking stabbing death of Meredith Hunter, an 18-year-old African American man from Berkeley, California, is central to what 1970 documentary film, which includes footage of the incident?
Correct Answer: GIMME SHELTER
Your Answer: Endless Summer
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. I have heard of it. 

2. What was the name of the city that served as the political center of the Tokugawa Shogunate beginning in the early 1600s? The city, which gives its name to another term for the Tokugawa period, was renamed Tokyo with the restoration of imperial rule under Meiji in 1868.
Correct Answer: EDO
Your Answer: Edo
Points Assigned: 1

I have been there and also remember this from Civilization. 

3. Figures in a 1908 painting by Gustav Klimt, an 1882 sculpture by Auguste Rodin, a 1969 painting by Pablo Picasso, and a 1945 photograph by Alfred Eisenstaedt are all engaged in what act?
Correct Answer: KISS
Your Answer: Ballet
Points Assigned: 1

Nope. I probably should have read into "act" more.

4. Sons and A House Divided, the second and third installments of the House of Earth trilogy, are works by what Pulitzer and Nobel-winning American novelist?
Correct Answer: PEARL S. BUCK
Your Answer: Smith
Points Assigned: 2

Nope!

5. The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Legion, and Battle for Azeroth are expansion sets released for what game?
Correct Answer: WORLD OF WARCRAFT
Your Answer: World of Warcraft
Points Assigned: 0

Those sounded like they belonged to the world of Warcraft universe.

6. What is the most notable distinction shared by the names of the five tallest mountains in New Hampshire's White Mountains? This distinction is referenced in the name of the range of the White Mountains within which these peaks are located.
Correct Answer: NAMES OF U.S. PRESIDENTS
Your Answer: Color
Points Assigned: 2

Oh, yeah, I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment