3/6. Very frustrating as I thought I had a shot at all 6 and really thought I had at least 5. Despite that, it's been a great season. Happy holidays to all!
1. Focus :), D2. Should have been a gimme for me, but I actually struggled to come up with it. But once I had it I knew it was right.
2. Alphabet :), D1. The 2015 almost actually tricked me, since Alphabet was only founded that year in the most technical sense.
3. Hughes :(, D0. Ugh! I was so proud of myself for realizing it was the Aviator. Then I realized I didn't know if it was Hughes or Hepburn. I put down Hepburn and then changed it to Hughes. Ugh again! D0 because film is very strong for my opponent.
4. Battle of the Bulge :), D2. Gimme. D2 because my opponent is weak in history.
5. Freezing of the Thames River :(, D3. Didn't really think this happened that year, nor did it really make sense that it should take 2 years. This is actually a very good clue in my opinion, but I was nowhere close.
6. Birds :(, D1. Seemed like birds was all it could be. Rhymes with words and makes sense in context. Got it wrong and wasted a D1.
No comments:
Post a Comment