Thursday, December 14, 2017

David S Day 21 vs Dave M

3/6 unless the grading is harsher than normal. No real gimmes here for me, but many were gettable. Versus Dave M today, against whom I'm seeking revenge for a loss last season despite getting more questions correct than he did. 

1. Modern Lynching :(, D3. No clue. 

2. Edo :), D1. I knew this was the old name for Tokyo. Didn't know the rest of the history behind it. 

3. Thinking :(, D1. Ugh. I got so fixated on the Rodin sculpture that I didn't pick up on the bigger clue of the 1945 V-J Day photo, one of the most famous photos there is.

4. Morrison :(, D2. Only American Nobel Lit winner I knew. 

5. Warcraft :), D2. I haven't played any sort of Warcraft in ages (though I had a lot of fun playing it in middle and high school), but I remember/have heard of Azeroth. Given credit I've gotten for some recent close ones, I expect Warcraft will be acceptable, but if not, 2/6. 

6. Names for presidents :), D0. Didn't know this (despite traveling to the White Mountains several times), but since I knew the tallest mountain was Mount Washington, this seemed like the most likely answer by far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment