Monday, June 22, 2026

Jesse Day 24

2 or 3/6

1. Identify the card game, derived from Bézique, in which two packs of 24 cards are used (with all cards from 2 through 8 removed), with the objective of winning tricks and scoring points based on the cards won.
Correct Answer: PINOCHLE
Your Answer: Euchre
Points Assigned: 2

I have never played pinochle. 

2. Vitamin A derivatives are among the most scientifically proven anti-aging skincare ingredients. What is the name for the alcohol form of vitamin A—a name which reflects the vitamin's role in vision, first illuminated through research into night blindness—which is an over-the-counter form now widely used in anti-aging creams and serums?
Correct Answer: RETINOL
Your Answer: Retinol A
Points Assigned: 2

My wife is pretty focused on staying young-looking.

3. Grand Wizzard Theodore (born Theodore Livingston), a hip-hop DJ from the Bronx, is widely credited with inventing what DJ technique, by accident, which helped transform the turntable into a performance instrument? He was featured in a 2001 documentary named after the technique.
Correct Answer: SCRATCHING
Your Answer: Scratching
Points Assigned: 0

Gimmie?

4. The 5th-century post-Roman Germanic invasions of Britain were undertaken primarily by three groups, two of which (the Angles and the Saxons) gave their names to the resulting cultural and linguistic group. What was the third group, whose original homeland was the Danish peninsula and who settled mostly in Kent and the Isle of Wight?
Correct Answer: JUTES
Your Answer: Vikings
Points Assigned: 1

I originally put down Jutelanders (I used to live in Denmark), but I thought that I was overthinking it and would feel stupid if the answer was Vikings. 

5. Propelled by the large (and sometimes controversial) personalities of breakout stars such as NeNe Leakes, Kandi Burruss, and Kim Zolciak, what was the titular setting of the installment of Bravo's "Real Housewives" franchise that was for many years its highest-rated?
Correct Answer: ATLANTA
Your Answer: Miami
Points Assigned: 1

I have never seen this series, but figured it was Miami or Atlanta. 

6. A landmark 1997 film achieved a major milestone for anime cinema by becoming the highest-grossing movie ever released in Japan at the time, dethroning E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. In that film, the character San is dubbed the Princess of spirits known by what word?
Correct Answer: MONONOKE
Your Answer: Monoke
Points Assigned: 3

I have this film downloaded on Plex to watch with my daughter, but haven't watched it yet. I couldn't quite remember the word. Maybe I'll get credit?

No comments:

Post a Comment