Thursday, June 4, 2026

David S Day 13

 4/6 today again. This has been a very strong season for me so far, largely on the back (including today) of guesses that have gone my way. 

  1. Hercules :), D11. I had no idea, so I just went with what I thought was the most obvious guess. I’m sure many others will get this the same way. 
  2. Nihilism :(, D23. Couldn’t imagine this was right. Was never going to get the right answer even though I do recognize it now that I see it.
  3. Cowell :), D20. I was vaguely aware that he has something to do with these shows. But this was a decidedly low-confidence guess. Like with the first question, I suspect it may be the default guess for many others. 
  4. Nuuk :), D02. One of my most satisfying gets in a while. I didn’t recognize the European name, but I knew this city had a name change. And I really couldn’t think of anything else that could have fit the rest of the question. 
  5. Temple :), D32. I knew she was an ambassador, but I also thought Elizabeth Taylor was (I now see she kind of was symbolically), and so I struggled with which one to pick. 
  6. Dunking :(, D11. I had no chance here. There’s a big pool in front of the main Christian Science church in Boston that some of my friends in college (but never me, I swear!) would jump into before getting chased away by guards, and that’s where I got my guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment