Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Diane Day 12, 4/6

1.  ✅ Destiny's Child--I actually only knew the Beyonce album, but that was enough. My opponents both had pop music as their weak categories, so I assigned D 3 and 2. 
2. ✅ Hubble! Happy to have gotten this, as that's pretty much the only American astronomer I know of:) D1 and D2, based on my opponents' science stats.
3. ❌  Red :( I was thinking of things that rhymed with Ed. D1 and D3.
4. ✅ I thought this was such a cool thing when it happened -- very poetic:) One of those things where, if I wrote a novel about a democratic uprising against Orban and named my protagonist "Magyar" the critics would knock me for being heavy-handed 🤣 Both of my opponents are current events people, so I gave this a 0 for both.
5. ✅ United Fruit! David S.-- this goes back to 10th grade, when Mr. Shultz gave us a research paper assignment and I chose "Human Rights Violations against Political Dissidents in Guatemala" and instantly became a hippie 🤣😂😅 
6. ❌ Seagull:( I'd never heard the phrase "Chekhov's Gun" before (though I knew from Hedda Gabler that if there's a gun in the first act, it's going to be used in the second). 


No comments:

Post a Comment