Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Jesse day 24

3/6

1. "A multicolor tri-pipped bone" would oddly but accurately describe the logo for what American company founded in Michigan in 1960?

Correct Answer: DOMINO'S PIZZA
Your Answer: Dominoes pizza
Points Assigned: 3

I know pips from games, so my first thought was dice. Then I thought what else has pips. Dominoes. Bingo. 

2. The Latin word for "sieve" is the appropriate root for the name of what common kitchen item?
Correct Answer: COLANDER
Your Answer: Collander
Points Assigned: 1

This feels like a gimmie.

3. On the game show Family Feud, what is the name of the show's bonus round, played after the main family-vs.-family game, where two family members attempt to combine for 200 points to win the ultimate cash prize?
Correct Answer: FAST MONEY/BIG MONEY
Your Answer: Final Feud
Points Assigned: 1

I have not watched this show in a long time. 

4. It is widely regarded that the musical form known as the English oratorio was developed around 1720 not by a natural-born Englishman, but rather a German-born composer (who did become a naturalized British subject in 1727). Who is this composer, whose most famous English oratorio (by far) was first performed in 1742?
Correct Answer: GEORG FRIDERIC HANDEL
Your Answer: Mueller
Points Assigned: 0

I could not pull the name out of my head.

5. 1977's How to Save Your Own Life continues the first-person narrative of Isadora Wing—and her various exploits and tribulations, libidinous and otherwise—that was introduced in what groundbreaking 1973 novel by the same author? (Note, name the 1973 novel.)
Correct Answer: FEAR OF FLYING
Your Answer: The Handmaiden's Tail
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. 

6. Wagner, Mathewson, Johnson, Ruth, [BLANK]. What last name is missing from this inaugural fivesome?
Correct Answer: COBB
Your Answer: Cobb
Points Assigned: 2

Realtivly easy for a baseball fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment