Through the luck of so many ties and victories with only 2 or 1 correct, I'm in second place in Sierra C. It's a catch-22, as I did not enjoy my short stay in B a few years ago, but my 5/6 today has me getting closer to promotion.
1) The Naked Gun 2/3 I was laughing reading the question as I pictured the scene immediately.
2) Aida 2/0 I think they made a broadway show of it awhile back, and it stuck with me, one of the few operas I have a passing familiarity with.
3) Lithosphere 1/2 I kept coming back to litho-, but remembered there was a lithography question several seasons ago, and it had to do with writing, not stone. Eventually i got my head out of my @$$ and realized it was '-graphy' that was writing, and I had the correct answer all along. I've never heard this term before.
4) Dr. Suess 0/2 For the first few dozen times I read Are You My Mother? I thought it was written by Dr. Seuss, confusing PD Eastman's style with him. So Suess was the logical guess for me here.
5) Masters 3/1 No clue. But the Thing's girlfriend (Fantastic Four reference) is a blind sculptress named Alicia Masters.
6) Haley 1/1 Terrific job at the UN, probably a presidential candidate in '24.
No comments:
Post a Comment