Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Brian Day 24 vs CarrBen12 (LLL)

 3/6  needing only a tie in the next two matches to clinch promotion.

1) Domino's Pizza  1/2 Took me forever to get and was very satisfying once I did.  I know from Rush's Roll the Bones that bones are dice.  Tri-pipped bone would therefore be a die showing 3. I could not come up with anything, plus I couldn't picture a die showing only one face and yet being recognizable as a die if it were multicolored.  Then I thought of two dice showing a 2 and a 1, and the logo came to me, and I learned a domino can also be a bone.

2) Colander 1/0  Gimme of the day?

3) Showdown 2/1  I knew I had The Price is Right's Showcase Showdown in my head, but I had no idea.

4) Handel 0/2  I thought Christmas music would have the most famous oratorio's, and Handel's Messiah is the most famous of all.

5) Flight 3/1  The inverse of this question has been asked before, giving the book title and asking for the main character.  But I remembered only enough to get close

6) Young 2/3  Hopefully I draw a D0 for what should have been an easy question for an American.  I had a feeling there was someone I was overlooking, but how could Cy Young not be in the first class?  

No comments:

Post a Comment