Monday, May 24, 2021

Jesse Day 6

4/6

1. A college in Hartford, Connecticut, and a university in San Antonio, Texas, are two major degree-awarding institutions with what name (a college in Dublin, Ireland, is among those that would make three)?
Correct Answer: TRINITY
Your Answer: Trinity
Points Assigned: 0

I played an ultimate tournament on trinity's campus in Dublin. 

2. Filariasis, a disease originated by various nematode worms, can give rise to enlargement of lymph nodes and blockage of lymph channels, resulting in massive swelling of certain parts of the human body—a condition named after what animal?
Correct Answer: ELEPHANT
Your Answer: Elephant
Points Assigned: 2

Elephantitis was my first and only thought. 

3. What was the name of the pop-vocal quintet formed in the late 1960s featuring Marilyn McCoo and Florence LaRue which, despite its name, was visible to humans and did not appear to involve the unification of the forces of gravity and magnetism?
Correct Answer: THE FIFTH DIMENSION
Your Answer: Infared Gravomagentists
Points Assigned: 3

I have never heard of them. I may have been able to get this through the science angle if I thought on it long enough. 

4. Though Americans won eight consecutive gold medals beginning with the first modern Olympiad in 1896, from 1960 to 1992, Dick Fosbury was the only male competitor from the U.S. to win the gold (in 1968) in what Olympic event?
Correct Answer: HIGH JUMP
Your Answer: High Jump
Points Assigned: 1

I feel as if the Fosbury flop is well known. 

5. Franziska Donner was the inaugural first lady of what country, located 5,000 miles from her homeland of Austria? She served in the role starting in 1948 until her husband's resignation during the April Revolution of 1960, from which point they lived in exile in Hawaii.
Correct Answer: SOUTH KOREA
Your Answer: Namibia
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea.

6. Australian director P.J. Hogan's hit indie film from 1994 starring Toni Collette, and his big-budget follow-up from 1997 starring Julia Roberts and Dermot Mulroney, both prominently feature what type of event (both in plot and in title)?
Correct Answer: WEDDING
Your Answer: Wedding
Points Assigned: 1

I got it through My Best Friend's Wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment