Friday, May 21, 2021

Jesse Day 5

4/6

1. In a 1956 film that was possibly the first-ever "rock 'n' roll" movie, Bill Haley and His Comets perform "Happy Baby", "Razzle-Dazzle", "See You Later, Alligator", and what title song?
Correct Answer: ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK
Your Answer: Rebel without a cause
Points Assigned: 2

I am in a rush, but I think i could have thought of that. 

2. Developed by a Belgian-American chemist in 1907, the world's first synthetic polymer (plastic) has what name? The name is derived from the chemist's name, but (when written, if not in pronunciation) could evoke something found on the inside of an oven (in a groaning pun sense, perhaps)?
Correct Answer: BAKELITE
Your Answer: Bakealite
Points Assigned: 2

I knew of bakelite

3. Of the twelve founding members of the short-lived European Super League of April 2021, three are Italian clubs: Inter Milan, AC Milan, and what third club, based in Turin?
Correct Answer: JUVENTUS
Your Answer: Juventus
Points Assigned: 0

I loosely followed this story.

4. What is the first word shared by the names of the sea vessels whose two-word names end in Glory, Govern, Globe, Greet, Golden, Goods, and Genius?
Correct Answer: EVER
Your Answer: Mersk
Points Assigned: 3

This was very gettable. I rushed the answer.

5. The most powerful African empire of the early modern period was the Songhai Empire, which was founded in the early 15th century, reached its zenith in the early 16th century, and was centered in eastern Mali in the capital of Gao and what other legendary city, where Musa I built the Great Mosque during the his reign over the Mali Empire?
Correct Answer: TIMBUKTU
Your Answer: Timbuktu
Points Assigned: 1

Gimmie

6. "Suffering is the basis of all existence" is a guiding principle of LearnedLeague and, in simplified form, the first of the Four Noble Truths first taught by whom?
Correct Answer: BUDDHA
Your Answer: The Buddha
Points Assigned: 1

You either know it or you don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment