Friday, May 21, 2021

David S. Day 5 vs. Dave M. (CC)

Very surprised to get 4/6.  I thought I had as few as 1 or 2 when I submitted, 3 max.  But unlike the past couple of days, guesses went in my favor.

1. Rock around the Clock :), D13.  Shocked to get this.  It was a total wild guess.  I just thought of a song I knew probably came out around then and went with it.  Hopefully this gets me 3 points.

2. Convector :(, D22.  One of those "oh, yeah, I have heard of that" moments when I saw the answer.  But I don't think I had any chance of coming up with it even if I'd thought about it all day.

3. Champions Turin :(, D32.  No idea.  I've heard of the team name, but I had no idea they were from Turin and never would have come up with it.

4. Ever :), D00.  I remembered the Ever Given's sister ships all started with Gs.  Still couldn't get myself comfortable that this was correct for some reason, but I defended as if it was.  I don't think this is all that easy, but D00 because of Mirkin's and my LL opponent's strengths.

5. Timbuktu :), D11.  Only gimme of the day for me.

6. Buddha :), D21.  I was debating between Confucius and Buddha.  Chose the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment