Thursday, May 20, 2021

David S. Day 4 vs. Brad (CC)

3/6.  A decidedly unfriendly day of questions for me, so I'm happy with the result, though with a couple of better guesses, it could have been a really good day.  Looking at Brad's areas of strength, these questions should be even less friendly for him.

1. Planetariums :), D21.  I spent lots of time at NYC's Hayden Planetarium as a child, so this was gimmeish for me.  Really not sure how hard this plays.

2. Spring :), D23.  Knew this right away.  High D b/c both my opponents are weak in this category.

3. Clocks :(, D12. Ugh.  Tock is a dog who is also a clock.  That was all I had to go on, and I picked the wrong one...

4. Boyz 2 Men :(, D11.  Absolutely no idea here.  This should be an easy D3 for my opponents to give me.

5. Charleston :(, D02.  For no good reason I was debating between Atlanta and Charleston and picked the wrong one.  But I fully expected it to be a different city altogether.

6. Yellow :), D30.  Glad I didn't overthink this.  I got thrown by the term "geographical features," thinking it might be a term for the tops of mountains or something like that.  But given that it appeared to be Chinese and China has a Yellow River and Yellow Sea (in English), yellow seemed like the best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment