9(6) and I think I'll need it versus the Carr Comrades leader
1) Stepford 0/0 Could only be Stepford Wives. Never saw it, but I'm pretty sure they were brainwashed to be obedient, the robots euphemism could cause confusion if you don't know it.
2) Grafitti 3/3 Pretty sure this is a recycled question, otherwise I could never get
3) Polo 1/1 Briefly considered Khan, but Marco Polo made more sense, and rang a bell from nature shows.
4) Munchkins 1/1 Great question!!! I thought of Dunkin Donuts right away for DD, but didn't think donut would be that recent of a word and moved on to the literary angle. Got stuck on the invented words vorpal, jabberwocky, and runcible for awhile, until I thought of movies and landed on the Wizard of Oz.
5) Lil Nas X 2/2 Sometimes the inane shit I see on twitter pays off
6) Sunni Islam 2/2 Using CE instead of AD felt like a clue for a non-Christian religion, and I thought AH could indicate the year of Mohammed's death and the resulting schism. I hesitated because we just had a Ramadan question, but I couldn't think of what else it could be. (Turns out H is Hijrah, 'the Prophet's migration from Mecca to Medina')
No comments:
Post a Comment