Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Jesse day 3

4/6

1. What fruit is most closely associated with an 1856 riot in present-day Panama, a 1995 novel by Irish writer Marian Keyes, and the comedian Gallagher?
Correct Answer: WATERMELON
Your Answer: Watermellon
Points Assigned: 0

I got it through Gallagher. The first two clues were no help at all. 

2. The Roman ruler of the gods, the Roman ruler of the titans, and the Greek father of the titans are included, in order, as a segment within a common sequence. What are these three names, in that correct order?
Correct Answer: JUPITER, SATURN, URANUS
Your Answer: Jupiturn, Callisto, Loki
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. 

3. In three feature films beginning in 1995, plus numerous shorts, Don Rickles provided the voice for what mustachioed solanum?
Correct Answer: MR. POTATO HEAD
Your Answer: That dog from men in black?
Points Assigned: 2

I was thinking it was from toy story, but I did not know what a solanum was. I should have gone through the characters in my head. 

4. In April 2021, who became the first player in major league baseball since Babe Ruth 100 years prior to start a game as pitcher while also leading the league in home runs?
Correct Answer: SHOHEI OHTANI
Your Answer: Otani
Points Assigned: 1

Only answer that made sense. 

5. In 1959, Mao Zedong instituted the second five-year plan of his rule targeting massive increases in industrial output and agricultural efficiency. This plan, which was a disastrous failure, is best known as the "Great" what (two word answer)—a misnomer, as industrial production halved by 1962?
Correct Answer: LEAP FORWARD
Your Answer: Leap Forward
Points Assigned: 1

History gimmie

6. The cities of Quezon City and Manila are located on what island, the northernmost, largest in area, and most populous of the main Philippine Islands?
Correct Answer: LUZON
Your Answer: Luzon
Points Assigned: 3

My wife was born on the island of Luzon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment