Wednesday, May 19, 2021

David S. Day 3 vs. Ben (CC)

I realize I've still been using LLL instead of the new CC for our private rundle.  Time to make that change.  Out with Andy, in with Ben!

4/6 on a fairly friendly day of questions for me.

1. Banana :(, D22.  Never heard of any of these.  Maybe the Watermelon Riot rings a bell in retrospect now that I see the answer, but maybe I'm just making that up.  Either way, I wasn't going to come up with it.

2. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus :), D10.  Got it from Jupiter and then figured this had to be the sequence.  I doubt this gives Ben much trouble.

3. Woody :(, D32.  Somewhat of a moral victory that I figured this was Toy Story.  Might have helped if I'd known what solanum meant, but I don't think I would have gotten it even if I had.

4. Otani :), D23.  Spelled wrong, but this should pay.  I read about him just a couple of weeks ago, so it was fresh in my memory.  I'm really skeptical that I would have remembered this in even a few months if it hadn't come up in a question now.

5. Leap Forward :), D01.  Gimme.  Should also give Ben no problems.

6. Luzon :), D11.  Not sure how hard this plays.  The island is probably most famous in the US for being the site of WWII fighting, which is how I first heard the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment