Wednesday, May 26, 2021

David S Day 8

A much better 4/6 on a day that played more to my strengths.  By the way, Debbie, I also had never heard of the Fosbury Flop.

1. Rodney :(, D22.  None of the clues rang a bell for me, and I couldn't name the professions of Declaration of Independence signers, so I just chose one that I thought it might be.

2. Guyana :), D31.  Gimme-ish for me.  Gettable even if you don't know the capital because it was the only former British colony.  I bet this crowd does well on this, but not sure how easy this will play overall.

3. Wheel :), D00.  Just had to hope this was the wheel and the rotini was the spiral.  I was pretty sure I hadn't mixed them up.  D00 only because of my opponents' strengths, though I doubt this will be too hard.

4. Lenin :(, D23.  I had no idea.  I took a random guess but defended as though my answer was wrong and  this was hard.  Now that I see the answer, I'm happy about that decision.

5. 60 Minutes :), D11.  Happy to get this.  I spent a lot of time on it.  I first put CBS Evening News but then realized it had to be just once per week if it replaced a sitcom, which ruled out many possibilities.  Finally this came to me and I felt good about it.

6. Berkeley :), D12.  This came to me right away.  Once again, I bet this crowd does pretty well on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment