Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Seif Day 5 vs Brian (LLL)

5/6 today, and for a second day in a row I missed the geography question, making a 9(5) a very plausible score for me.  Hopefully this is enough to beat Brian, who has become my LL nemesis of late.

1. Pinocchio :), D01.  Seems kind of easy.  I didn't know any of the history, but this seems like the logical guess.

2. Distillation :), D21.  I've never really seen this defined, but it seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

3. Trenton :), D12.  American history gimme for me, but I doubt this is all that easy overall.

4. Film :), D10.  I've spent a little while trying to figure out how I knew this.  It popped right into my head, and I was almost certain it was correct, but I don't know where I learned it.

5.  Tuba :), D22.  Very lucky guess.  I was deciding between tuba and trombone and went with tuba, though I fully recognized that both might have been incorrect.

6. Tectonic Plate :(, D33.  I have heard of massif, but I don't think I could have come up with it.  I was pretty sure this was wrong and likely to play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment