3 or 4 out of 6
Correct Answer: TAO (DAO)
Your Answer: Tao
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I knew this somehow, maybe from the Tao of Pooh.
2. Fluorescence is luminescence (emission of light by a substance not due to temperature increase) that ceases once the source of light is removed. Luminescence that persists after the source is removed is known generally by what accompanying term, which—like fluorescence—is rooted etymologically in the name of a chemical element?
Correct Answer: PHOSPHORESCENCE
Your Answer: Neonescence
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
2. Fluorescence is luminescence (emission of light by a substance not due to temperature increase) that ceases once the source of light is removed. Luminescence that persists after the source is removed is known generally by what accompanying term, which—like fluorescence—is rooted etymologically in the name of a chemical element?
Correct Answer: PHOSPHORESCENCE
Your Answer: Neonescence
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Ugh, this was a bad miss. I just didn't think on this long enough.
3. In 1965, a conservative alliance was built in Israel around the Liberal party and the right-wing nationalist Herut. The alliance initially took the name Gahal, but in 1973 evolved into a new alliance under what name, by which it is still known today?
Correct Answer: LIKUD
Your Answer: Likud
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
3. In 1965, a conservative alliance was built in Israel around the Liberal party and the right-wing nationalist Herut. The alliance initially took the name Gahal, but in 1973 evolved into a new alliance under what name, by which it is still known today?
Correct Answer: LIKUD
Your Answer: Likud
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Likud made more sense than labor.
4. The Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, and Texas Rangers are all major league baseball franchises that play home games in stadiums named after (and by) corporations in what industry?
Correct Answer: INSURANCE
Your Answer: Insurance
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
4. The Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, and Texas Rangers are all major league baseball franchises that play home games in stadiums named after (and by) corporations in what industry?
Correct Answer: INSURANCE
Your Answer: Insurance
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
This was a guess. Considered the energy sector as well.
5. Name the coloratura soprano who, after her retirement from singing, moved on to roles as general director of the New York City Opera, chairwoman of Lincoln Center, and chairwoman of the Metropolitan Opera.
Correct Answer: BEVERLY SILLS
Your Answer: Redgrave
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
5. Name the coloratura soprano who, after her retirement from singing, moved on to roles as general director of the New York City Opera, chairwoman of Lincoln Center, and chairwoman of the Metropolitan Opera.
Correct Answer: BEVERLY SILLS
Your Answer: Redgrave
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
I had no idea.
6. The interregnum period in Russia between the death of Feodor I in 1598 and the start of the Romanov dynasty with Michael I in 1613, and a period that began in Northern Ireland in the late 1960s and ended (nominally) in April 1998 are both timeframes commonly referred to by terms that include what word?
Correct Answer: TROUBLES
Your Answer: Trouble
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
6. The interregnum period in Russia between the death of Feodor I in 1598 and the start of the Romanov dynasty with Michael I in 1613, and a period that began in Northern Ireland in the late 1960s and ended (nominally) in April 1998 are both timeframes commonly referred to by terms that include what word?
Correct Answer: TROUBLES
Your Answer: Trouble
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Hope I get credit for this. I knew Ireland was the Troubles, but I didn't know the Russian one so I thought trouble was more likely for that one and Thorsten was just looking for the root.
No comments:
Post a Comment