Welcome back everyone! First things first, Andy bailed on Learned League this season, so I propose we change the name of our private league to the Levinson Memorial League.
4/6 today when I thought at first I'd have only two, so I'm happy.
1) Elmer's. Which is sort of the opposite of the correct answer. I think this could be difficult, UL is so diversified there'll probably be a wide range of guesses. 2/2
2) Star Chamber. Wow, I really can't believe this is correct. The question reminded me of the movie Star Chamber, which was on HBO all the time when I was a kid, and involved a secretive group and their devious plans. I put the name in as a guess in case this is how the movie got its name. 2/3
3) Dancing with the Stars. Dear lord Kelly Monaco... sorry what was I saying? Yes, I first heard of Kelly Monaco after she won DWTS, and I'm aware Drew Lachey and Hines Ward were on it also, so that clinched it. 3/2
4) Limestone. Was pretty confident chalk is related to limestone. 1/0
5) Vichy. No chance here. But my opponents call soccer 'football'. 0/1
6) O'Hare Airport. I'm assuming I don't need the word International. This was very satisfying when I figured it out. I was stuck on Grand Central for awhile until I realized it wasn't big enough, then German-American took me to Milwaukee, got me to bratwursts, got me to Da Bears skit on SNL, then I remembered the symbol for the airport, which matched Orchard Place. I think I made this harder than it had to be, as there are only a few transportation hubs in the U.S. that could reasonably be expected to be known for this question, GCT, Dulles, LaGuardia, JFK, LAX and O'Hare. 1/1
Despite Ben screwing with my defense , I eke out a 4(4)-3(3) win.
No comments:
Post a Comment