Welcome back, all! I found today very tricky but pulled off a 4/6 with some lucky guesses. Maybe it’s just that I’m out of practice, but I found D very tough to assign today.
1. Vaseline :), D11. I was totally stumped when I read this, but the Ponds made me think it was something kind of in the makeup family. The timing also led me to think a petroleum product could work. But I really didn’t think it would be right.
2. Star Chamber :), D20. Only gimme of the day for me. A solid British history question.
3. NFL Sunday Night :(, D22. Even I should have been able to venture a better guess than this. This seems like a 90% correct question.
4. Limestone :), D12. Seemed like the obvious guess. I figured this was either correct or the MCW.
5. St. Denis :(, D33. Really thought I had this based only on the geography, but now I see that St. Denis is more north than west of Paris. The soccer clue meant nothing to me.
6. O’Hare :), D01. I thought I remembered hearing this history of this once. Maybe I’m just making that up, but either way I felt pretty confident this was Chicago.
1. Vaseline :), D11. I was totally stumped when I read this, but the Ponds made me think it was something kind of in the makeup family. The timing also led me to think a petroleum product could work. But I really didn’t think it would be right.
2. Star Chamber :), D20. Only gimme of the day for me. A solid British history question.
3. NFL Sunday Night :(, D22. Even I should have been able to venture a better guess than this. This seems like a 90% correct question.
4. Limestone :), D12. Seemed like the obvious guess. I figured this was either correct or the MCW.
5. St. Denis :(, D33. Really thought I had this based only on the geography, but now I see that St. Denis is more north than west of Paris. The soccer clue meant nothing to me.
6. O’Hare :), D01. I thought I remembered hearing this history of this once. Maybe I’m just making that up, but either way I felt pretty confident this was Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment