Tuesday, May 20, 2025

Jesse Day 7

4/6? 

1. The smallest constellation in the sky, one of the most distinctive and certainly one of the most vexillologically significant, has what name?
Correct Answer: CRUX/SOUTHERN CROSS
Your Answer: Ursa Minor
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea.

2. O.R. Tambo International Airport, recently surpassed by Cairo International Airport as Africa's busiest, is located near what city—its country's largest city and, by many measures, the continent's wealthiest?
Correct Answer: JOHANNESBURG
Your Answer: Johanesburg
Points Assigned: 1

My company runs tours to South Africa and I was there in 2010. 

3. What tagline was used as the title of the Oscar-winning 1952 Cecil B. DeMille film set in a circus, and starring Charlton Heston, Betty Hutton, Cornel Wilde, and James Stewart?
Correct Answer: THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH
Your Answer: Greatest Show on Earth
Points Assigned: 2

Hopefully I am OK without the The. 

4. In the 2D platformer video game Celeste, the game's heroine is actually named Madeline. What is Celeste? Other games' equivalents include Gagazet in Final Fantasy X, Chiliad in the GTA series, and Coronet in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
Correct Answer: A MOUNTAIN
Your Answer: NPC
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. I play some video games, but not any of those. 

5. What ubiquitous party anthem was Billboard magazine's #1 pop single of 2010, predating a certain social media app by about six years?
Correct Answer: TIK TOK
Your Answer: Tik Tok
Points Assigned: 0

Gimmie?

6. What American folk hero battled a steam drill in a rock-crushing contest, won, and then died?
Correct Answer: JOHN HENRY
Your Answer: Henry
Points Assigned: 1

John Henry popped into my head right away, but then I was concerned it was Clay Henry. But then I thought Clay Henry was the name of a fireman in Subway commercial back before Jared Fogel was arrested. So I put down Henry and hoped for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment