Wednesday, May 14, 2025

Jesse Day 3

4/6

1. Among the companies that have been granted trademark protection for signature colors under the Lanham Act are Tiffany & Co.'s proprietary blue, UPS's "Pullman Brown", and Owens Corning, which registered the name for their trademark color with the US Patent and Trademark Office in all caps. What is that color?
Correct Answer: PINK
Your Answer: Pink
Points Assigned: 2

I initially thought of corningware, but then remembered they make the insulation with the pink panther. 

2. French diplomat Ferdinand de Lesseps is most closely associated—both for success and failure—with what type of transportation infrastructure?
Correct Answer: CANAL
Your Answer: Canal
Points Assigned: 1

I wrote a report on the building of the Panama Canal when I was in middle or high school. 

3. "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)", "Le Freak", and "Good Times" are tracks from a 1991 compilation album covering the early career of what R&B and disco band?
Correct Answer: CHIC
Your Answer: Rick James
Points Assigned: 2

I know the songs, but have never heard of Chic

4. Identify the economist and politician, a former goalie for Harvard University's ice hockey team, who served as the governor of the Bank of Canada from 2008 to 2013 and in the same role for the Bank of England from 2013 to 2020.
Correct Answer: MARK CARNEY
Your Answer: Carney
Points Assigned: 1

I remembered his name specifically because I knew Thorsten would throw him into a question this season. 

5. What 1875 opera by Georges Bizet begins at the Royal Tobacco Factory in Seville, Spain, and ends outside a plaza de toros?
Correct Answer: CARMEN
Your Answer: Bolero
Points Assigned: 3

Nope.

6. A celebrated 1985 novel centers on the romance between Florentino Ariza and Fermina Daza, young sweethearts who are reunited in their twilight years at the end of the novel after the death of Fermina's husband, Dr. Juvenal Urbino. Dr. Urbino was a prominent physician dedicated to combating an epidemic of what disease that ravaged their Caribbean port city?
Correct Answer: CHOLERA
Your Answer: Cholera
Points Assigned: 0

I read this in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment