3/6
1. What term, sourced from a French word for fence, refers to a parliamentary procedure used to end debate and bring a legislative issue to a vote?
Correct Answer: CLOTURE
Your Answer: Closure
Points Assigned: 1
Correct Answer: CLOTURE
Your Answer: Closure
Points Assigned: 1
I wasn't sure if it was Cloture or Closure. I looked it up afterwards and Closure is used in the UK, so I think I will get credit.
2. Identify the candidate whose unsuccessful 1995 run for the presidency of Peru demonstrated the limits of having previously served as secretary-general of the United Nations from 1982 to 1991.
Correct Answer: JAVIER PEREZ DE CUELLAR
Your Answer: Pino
Points Assigned: 3
2. Identify the candidate whose unsuccessful 1995 run for the presidency of Peru demonstrated the limits of having previously served as secretary-general of the United Nations from 1982 to 1991.
Correct Answer: JAVIER PEREZ DE CUELLAR
Your Answer: Pino
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea.
3. In southern-US cuisine, what word is both a verb for a method by which a large amount of shellfish, corn, potatoes, and seasoning is prepared, and a noun for a gathering at which such a feast is served?
Correct Answer: BOIL
Your Answer: Boil
Points Assigned: 0
3. In southern-US cuisine, what word is both a verb for a method by which a large amount of shellfish, corn, potatoes, and seasoning is prepared, and a noun for a gathering at which such a feast is served?
Correct Answer: BOIL
Your Answer: Boil
Points Assigned: 0
I have never been to one, but they have had one on Top Chef.
4. What is the chemical formula for the extremely common compound known in its mineral form as halite?
Correct Answer: NaCl
Your Answer: cO2
Points Assigned: 2
4. What is the chemical formula for the extremely common compound known in its mineral form as halite?
Correct Answer: NaCl
Your Answer: cO2
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea.
5. The Six Nations Championship is an annual rugby union tournament featuring teams representing England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and what sixth European nation (which is the tournament's latest addition)?
Correct Answer: ITALY
Your Answer: Belgium
Points Assigned: 2
5. The Six Nations Championship is an annual rugby union tournament featuring teams representing England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and what sixth European nation (which is the tournament's latest addition)?
Correct Answer: ITALY
Your Answer: Belgium
Points Assigned: 2
Nope.
6. Among the approximately three dozen feature films directed by Steven Spielberg, nine have one-word titles. Which one of those nine films is named after a city, one of the many cities in which that particular film's action is set?
Correct Answer: MUNICH
Your Answer: Munich
Points Assigned: 1
6. Among the approximately three dozen feature films directed by Steven Spielberg, nine have one-word titles. Which one of those nine films is named after a city, one of the many cities in which that particular film's action is set?
Correct Answer: MUNICH
Your Answer: Munich
Points Assigned: 1
My first thought was Nuremberg, but then I recalled the Munich Olympics movie and thought he directed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment