Friday, May 16, 2025

Brian Day 5 vs David S (LLL)

3/6  Dave certainly got the same 3 correct that I did, but did he pick up another? 

1) Swiss 2/2  Absolutely no clue.  For some reason thought of Cyprus but not Malta, Dave could easily work this out.

2) Tartan Kilts Make Me Wilt  3/3  I figured it was a song and I knew I'd kick myself when I saw it.

3) Blue River  2/2  I wondered why I had Moon River and Blue River in my head, must have heard of this somewhere

4) West Virginia  1/0  Gimme for Dave, but I had to work out why a state near the Allegheny would become a state so late.  I knew from studying the Jackson era through the gold rush with my 7th grader this week that California became the 31st state in 1850, so I had my mind on Western states. Then I realized it was probably a Civil War thing and got there. 

5) integral 0/1  Gimme for me and Dave

6) Wheel of Fortune 1/1  Have to think this is the gimme of the season

Dave takes it 4(4)-2(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment