Wednesday, May 28, 2025

David S Day 12

Pleasantly surprised with a 5/6, and I actually got close to all 6. There were a lot of guesses in here. 

  1. Cloture :), D10. This is a common US Senate term, but that didn’t mean it was right. I didn’t know the French. (Marcus, I’ll take the under on you getting paid for “closure.”)
  2. Cuellar :), D01. Also happy to get this. I didn’t know he was Peruvian, much less that he ran (against Fujimori?) for the presidency. But this was the only UN Sec General I could think of whose last name seemed like it could be Peruvian. 
  3. Boil :), D12. I was just at a Cajun restaurant a few weeks ago and shared the “crawfish boil.” No chance I would have gotten this otherwise. 
  4. NaCl :), D23. This rang a bell as table salt, but it was not a confident guess. 
  5. France :(, D32. Marcus pointed out to me that this was in the question. Oops! I still wouldn’t have guessed Italy, though, so same incorrect result. 
  6. Munich :), D21. Really had no idea who directed this, but it seemed like something Spielberg might have directed, and I couldn’t think of anything else. (I didn’t think of Philadelphia until I saw Marcus’s post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment