2/6. I ended up somewhere in the middle of my B rundle. Not getting relegated is a great season for me.
Correct Answer: GOTHAM
Your Answer: Big Apple
Points Assigned: 2
I figured it was NY through the Giants and Jets. Big Apple sounded like an odd name and now that I think about it, that nickname came later than 1883. I just did not think of Gotham, which I associate more with Batman than NYC.
2. Identify either of the two massive-budget Hollywood films released between May and July 2023 that feature a main character driving a car at a high rate of speed down Rome's Spanish Steps.
Correct Answer: FAST X, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE -- DEAD RECKONING PART ONE
Your Answer: The Fast and the Furious
Points Assigned: 2
2. Identify either of the two massive-budget Hollywood films released between May and July 2023 that feature a main character driving a car at a high rate of speed down Rome's Spanish Steps.
Correct Answer: FAST X, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE -- DEAD RECKONING PART ONE
Your Answer: The Fast and the Furious
Points Assigned: 2
I figured it was those two franchises, but I had no idea what the names of the latest films were.
3. What sweet stone fruit is popular in dessert dishes and sorbets, is often added to curries, is used for jams and other preserves, and is made into a wide variety of chutneys in India—where it is the national fruit and where over 40% of the world's crop is grown?
Correct Answer: MANGO
Your Answer: Mango
Points Assigned: 0
3. What sweet stone fruit is popular in dessert dishes and sorbets, is often added to curries, is used for jams and other preserves, and is made into a wide variety of chutneys in India—where it is the national fruit and where over 40% of the world's crop is grown?
Correct Answer: MANGO
Your Answer: Mango
Points Assigned: 0
Gimmie.
4. The name of Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, when spoken aloud, sounds similar to the English phrase "managed Thursday" translated into what language?
Correct Answer: FRENCH
Your Answer: Swedish
Points Assigned: 1
4. The name of Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, when spoken aloud, sounds similar to the English phrase "managed Thursday" translated into what language?
Correct Answer: FRENCH
Your Answer: Swedish
Points Assigned: 1
I had no idea.
5. Joaquín Guzmán, born in Sinaloa, Mexico, in April 1957, is best known by what nickname?
Correct Answer: EL CHAPO
Your Answer: El Chapo
Points Assigned: 1
5. Joaquín Guzmán, born in Sinaloa, Mexico, in April 1957, is best known by what nickname?
Correct Answer: EL CHAPO
Your Answer: El Chapo
Points Assigned: 1
It was the only answer I could think of.
6. When demonstrating the telegraph to the US Congress in 1844, what biblical phrase did Samuel Morse transmit (today, the phrase would be rendered .-- .... .- - / .... .- - .... / --. --- -.. / .-- .-. --- ..- --. .... -)?
Correct Answer: WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT
Your Answer: Let there be light
Points Assigned: 3
6. When demonstrating the telegraph to the US Congress in 1844, what biblical phrase did Samuel Morse transmit (today, the phrase would be rendered .-- .... .- - / .... .- - .... / --. --- -.. / .-- .-. --- ..- --. .... -)?
Correct Answer: WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT
Your Answer: Let there be light
Points Assigned: 3
Nope!
No comments:
Post a Comment