Friday, December 15, 2023

Brian Day 22

Six pack today, which is good because I found defense extremely difficult given my opponents.

1) Earth's mantle  2/3  Figured was the core or the mantle, and mantle made more sense.

2) student's  3/2   Gimme for a math/econ major, but it gave me pause as I've never seen student capitalized and didn't know it was a pseudonym.  Should be one of the lowest get rates of the season for the broader LL, tho maybe not for LLL.

3) Indonesia 0/0  I think this is pretty well-known

4) Surrealism 1/1  Dali is the definition of surrealism for me.  If I feel pretty good about an art question, it must be easy

5) Despacito 2/2   A guess at a popular mostly foreign-language song from around that time. Didn't expect it to be correct as I thought the -ito ending would make it a noun (bandito, burrito), plus it is nothing like the word for slowly in French (which I see Seif gave as an answer).

6) Subway 1/1  My kids have played it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment