Thursday, December 7, 2023

David S Day 16 vs. Ben (LLL)

 5/6, and soooooo close to all 6. 

  1. The Khan :(, D33. Ugh. I was almost familiar enough with this to get it, but not quite. I think I’ve had way more than a typical amount of very close but wrong answers this season. 
  2. Fibonacci :), D01. I had no idea he traveled, and that actually almost threw me off here. But ultimately I knew Fibonacci introduced them, so I had to go with him. 
  3. Wendy :), D22. I struggled with this one for a while but then recognized the Peter Pan reference. 
  4. Armistice :), D12. I feel like this and Remembrance were both reasonable answers, since I’ve heard both used. But it made more sense that Wilson would have declared it Armistice day in 1919. 
  5. Bight :), D20. Have to give my Australian friend Ben a 0 here even though I think this generally will play hard. I didn’t know the definition of the word, but I’ve heard of the Great Australian Bight for the southern coast. Without that clue, I’d have had no chance.
  6. Diode :), D11. Hard to think of any other word that comes after “light emitting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment