Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Jesse day 7

3/6. I thought I had a chance at all of them. 

1. The simplest and most common pastry—made in a quick process using flour, fat (e.g., butter), water, and salt and sometimes known as "medium flake pastry" or simply "pie dough"—has a name derived from a word once used to describe foods that are crumbly. What is that name?

Correct Answer: SHORTCRUST
Your Answer: Rough Puff
Points Assigned: 2

I have watched a fair amount of the Great British Baking Show, so I felt confident in my wrong answer. 

2. Dua Lipa's 2018 hit single "Electricity" was released by the artist as a collaboration with a musical duo who are highly successful DJs and producers in their own right. Identify either of these two producers or the name they use for this duo.
Correct Answer: DIPLO, MARK RONSON / SILK CITY
Your Answer: Dead Maus
Points Assigned: 3

I don't know anything about highly successful DJs, but in my head, I was thinking, isn't there a DJ with a very ordinary name, like Ron? 

3. What was the name of the arcade video game published in 1980 (or its 1982 sequel) in which players shoot at segments of a flattened, wormlike arthropod of the class Chilopoda (Diplopoda in the sequel) that winds down the playing screen?
Correct Answer: CENTIPEDE/MILLIPEDE
Your Answer: Centipede
Points Assigned: 2

Gimmie for my age or older. 

4. The island group known as the Caicos Islands forms a British Overseas Territory with what other island group?
Correct Answer: TURKS ISLANDS
Your Answer: Turks
Points Assigned: 0

Feels like a gimmie. 

5. What is the Spanish word used for a group of political or military leaders who form an administrative council (often after a coup or revolution), such as the one headed by the Argentinian general Galtieri in the 1980s, the one that followed the Chilean president Salvador Allende's overthrow in 1973, and the one led by the future Salvadoran president José Napoleón Duarte until 1982?
Correct Answer: JUNTA
Your Answer: Junta
Points Assigned: 1

First word that popped into my head a few words into the question. 

6. What word, coined in English in 1949, identified the novel area of applied science where the characteristics of human anatomy and physiology met with engineering and physics, with reference to tools, machines, and equipment humans use?
Correct Answer: ERGONOMICS
Your Answer: Biomechanics
Points Assigned: 1

I was pretty confident in my answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment