Monday, May 22, 2023

Brian Day 1 vs SeifD (LLL)

 Welcome back everyone!  Glad to see so many posts already!   5/6 to start the season. 

1) Newfoundland 1/2  First thought was Labrador, but not knowing Labrador was a peninsula, thought that doesn't seem like a British breed.  Then I thought it had to be up in Nunavut or Alaska given the Inuit(?) connection, but had no clue up there.  Then went back to Labrador and realized the answer had to be Newfoundland... oh well.   Hopefully this doesn't cost me the match. Hated giving Dave a 2 in geography, but had no choice given the rest of the questions. 

2) Bond 3/3 Eyes are not enough... Cyclops?  Then realized it meant The World Is Not Enough, which is the name of a James Bond film. 

3) pH 2/1 Straightforward definition of pH in the question.

4) Ford 1/0  Famous 1934 Michigan football player was likely Ford, the allusion to his presidency cinched it. It's been said it's a shame he's best remembered for Chevy Chase's pratfalls given he was such a great athlete.

5) Paris 0/1  All over the news, how dare you ask the French to work five days a week?!?!?! Or something to that effect.

6) Pickles 2/2 Shocked to get his. Had absolutely no idea, all I know is there's a famous Rugrats Chanukah special. But with one of the characters named Dil, I took a guess.  I wonder if this is something Dave watched growing up, while I was in college.  

A 6(5)-4(4) victory over Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment