Friday, May 26, 2023

David S Day 5

Surprising and satisfying 5/6 to cap off a strong first week to the season. I felt like I had some good guesses but didn’t expect to get 5 right. 

  1. Silicon Valley :), D11. I’ve lived and breathed this for the last 2 1/2 months. Should play quite easy, I think, unless I really misjudge how mainstream this got outside of the finance world. 
  2. Nose :), D22. I’ve missed at least two LL questions about monkeys’ noses over the years, and I promised myself I wouldn’t miss any more, so I had to guess this. But that didn’t mean it would be correct. 
  3. Teleprompter :), D11. Didn’t see anything else this could be, though I’ve been unpleasantly surprised before in these situations. 
  4. Purgatory :(, D33. Can’t complain that it wasn’t a decent guess. I had no idea. 
  5. Kyiv :), D00. Should be a gimme for most people who understand Thorsten’s style given the huge clue in the parenthetical at the end. 
  6. Sandy :), D22. Boom! Super satisfying get. I had no idea who won the 2022 NL Cy Young but had some idea that Sandy Koufax won it a bunch in the 1960s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment