Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Jesse day 22

4/6

1. Janice Pennington, Dian Parkinson, and Holly Hallstrom became famous for their daily appearances from the late 1970s into the early 1990s on what daytime television program?
Correct Answer: THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Your Answer: The Price is Right
Points Assigned: 1

I thought there was a chance those were Barker's Beauties. I was surprised this was right. 

2. Early 1960s works of English painter Bridget Riley including Fall, Fission, and Hesitate are archetypes of what contemporary art style, the term for which was coined in 1964 in Time magazine to describe a form of art that utilizes patterns and designs deceiving to the eye?
Correct Answer: OP ART
Your Answer: Magic Eye
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea.

3. A standard set of 2<span style='font-size:0.8em;'>^1</sup>⁄<sub>16</sub></span>" full-size snooker balls comes with 22 balls, 15 of which are what color? This is also typically the color of the #3 ball in regular 8-ball pool.
Correct Answer: RED
Your Answer: Red
Points Assigned: 0

I played a fair amount of snooker on my travels. 

4. The title of Paula Vogel's bold and powerful 1998 Pulitzer-winning play pertains to the metaphor that provides the framework for its complex, empathetic story of pedophilia, sexual trauma, and victim-blaming. The title begins How I Learned to—what is that last word?
Correct Answer: DRIVE
Your Answer: Cope
Points Assigned: 2

Ah, I have heard of this in retrospect. 

5. The drupe of a certain small, shiny shrub within the genus Zizyphus originally provided the flavor—and still provides the name—for a certain gummy confection of flavoring (now violet, lilac, lime, wild cherry, or lemon) and sugar syrup. What is the name of that candy, or its similarly named (and similarly produced) sibling, both of which were introduced by the Heide Candy Company in 1920?
Correct Answer: JUJUBE/JUJYFRUIT
Your Answer: Jujubes
Points Assigned: 2

Violet and lilac led me to the candy Jujubes. I think this will play as hard as a Jujube stuck in one's teeth. 

6. The most successful work of Austrian author Heinrich Harrer is a fast-paced travel and adventure story from 1953 that settles on his seven years spent where?
Correct Answer: TIBET
Your Answer: Tibet
Points Assigned: 1

I immediately thought of 7 years in Tibet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment