Monday, March 14, 2022

Brian Day 20

 Still no math, but that's okay when I get a 5/6.  Several bells, I mean gimmes, for me today.

1) Top Distance Compressed 3/3  Have heard the term, but had no idea what it was referring to. 

2) Hebrew 2/0  Spoken by over nine million people? Sure, maybe when they light the menorah.  A gimme for this group, hopefully not so much for the goyim.  

3) Nikkei 0/1  Biz gimme

4) Young 1/2  Was having a tough time until I realized the import of the streaming reference, making it a gimme current events question rather than a difficult music question.

5) El 2/2  The wordplay of the questions pointed to the 'definite article', which are le and la in French.  Le gets changed to l' in front of a vowel, so I figured something similar happened with the Spanish la in front of this particular words.  El was the only option I could think of

6) Water polo 1/1  Nothing else it could be, but that didn't stop me from trying to talk myself out of it and into something less obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment