Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Brian Day 21 vs Dave M (LL) and some guy named Ben (LLL)

 4/6  but both difficult for me to defend and I think will be difficult for my opponents too. I'm getting excited for 6 math questions on Day 25.

1) McDonalds 2/2 Once I eliminated Parker Brothers and the Koch Brothers, I went through big companies and Ray Kroc rang a bell as the title Founder in this movie.  Not sure how this plays.

2) Thailand 0/1  all I knew was that at some point, Siam had a king.  

3) Baby doll 2/3  So baby does not come from renaissance/rebirth period?  Oh well, worth a shot.  

4) New York City Ballet 3/2  Alvin Ailey would probably have been founded by Alvin Ailey, so I went with my next guess.  I had zero confidence, but I felt like there must be something called the NYC Ballet and if it did exist, it would perform at Lincoln Center.  Hoping for a 3 here, but I'm worried my opponents will have the same thought process.

5) tapanade 1/0  I don't know how to spell it, but I know how to eat it

6) Runes 1/1  Considered Germanic, Norse and Scandinavian first, but ultimately only runes seemed to fit.  I thought rune was an even more generic term than letters in a certain type of alphabet, but I'm familiar with the rune for 'th' (Thor currently wears it on his new costume in the comics) and that cinched it for me.


I guess defense wasn't difficult after all, as perfect defense results in a 4(4)-4(4) tie between me and Mirkin.  As for the result of my match with Ben, well, I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment