Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Jesse Day 6

3/6 I am surely going to lose this one with my terrible defense and missed answers. 

1. "Abenomics" is a nickname that has been used widely for a set of economic policies adopted in what country?
Correct Answer: JAPAN
Your Answer: Japan
Points Assigned: 3

I occasionally read The Economist. 

2. Of the fourteen current territories formally administered by the United States, five have a permanent non-military population. Which of these territories' populations is the largest among the group?
Correct Answer: PUERTO RICO
Your Answer: Puerto Rico
Points Assigned: 1

The phrasing of this question initially confused me as I read formally as formerly. 

3. In physiology, it's the expansion and contraction of artery walls; in botany, it's a common name for the edible seed of plants in the Leguminosae or Fabaceae family. What is the word in question?
Correct Answer: PULSE
Your Answer: Pea
Points Assigned: 2

Oh damn. So gettable.

4. Of the chansons de geste, a set of epic poems of medieval France, the oldest existing and best known is the chanson of what military leader, composed around the year 1100?
Correct Answer: ROLAND
Your Answer: Charlamagne
Points Assigned: 2

I was sure it was Charlemagne. I guess they would have said the chanson of a king. I had no shot at this one. 

5. What CBS procedural drama, currently in its 19th season, has ranked in the top five in Nielsen broadcast ratings every year since the 2008–2009 television season?
Correct Answer: NCIS
Your Answer: Criminal Minds
Points Assigned: 0

Nope. I do not like procedurals. 

6. In 1981, Warner Bros. released an eponymous album by Minneapolis band The Time, with production, recording, engineering, and mixing credited to Jamie Starr—an early pseudonym for whom?
Correct Answer: PRINCE
Your Answer: Prince
Points Assigned: 1

Minneapolis + music + pseudonym = Prince. 

No comments:

Post a Comment