Monday, February 14, 2022

Jesse Day 1, LL 92

4/6 to start things off

1. In the town of Dawson City, in Canada's Yukon Territory, the Yukon River is met by what other river, which gives the broader geographic region its historically famous name?
Correct Answer: KLONDIKE RIVER
Your Answer: Klondike
Points Assigned: 2

I read Call of the Wild and White Fang not too long ago. 

2. There are various plausible etymologies for why two regions of the globe—at about 30 degrees north and south of the equator, where winds are generally calm and the weather is sunny, hot, and dry—are known as "latitudes" named after what animal?
Correct Answer: HORSE
Your Answer: Lizard
Points Assigned: 3

I spent a while trying to figure this one out. I have never heard of this term. 

3. While others were available—including Scribble, Mother Nature, Hoverbot, and Rocky—the default and most common Office Assistant introduced in Microsoft Office 97 was an anthropomorphic character with what name?
Correct Answer: CLIPPY (CLIPPIT)
Your Answer: Clippy
Points Assigned: 0

Gimmie for people my age.

4. In August 2021, the account for the Australian musical trio Pnau tweeted, "We've just written a song with the biggest pop star of yesterday and the biggest pop star of today." The song's title is "Cold Heart"—name either of the pop stars subtweeted.
Correct Answer: ELTON JOHN, DUA LIPA
Your Answer: Mcartney
Points Assigned: 1

Nope.

5. The French diplomat Ferdinand Marie, Vicomte de Lesseps, is remembered today in large part for his role in the successful 1859–69 construction of what?
Correct Answer: SUEZ CANAL
Your Answer: Suez Canal
Points Assigned: 1

I wrote a paper on the Suez Canal in middle school. I remembered the name Lesseps. 

6. The Bezukhovs, Bolkonskys, Rostovs, Kuragins, and Drubetskoys are central characters in what work of literature published in 1869?
Correct Answer: WAR AND PEACE
Your Answer: War and Peace
Points Assigned: 2

It was a guess as I have never read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment