Monday, February 14, 2022

Brian Day 1 vs Dave M

 Welcome back everyone! It's nice to take a break from Wordle to do some trivia.   4/6 to begin the season.

1) Klondike   1/1   The only other word I associate with that region.  And I just, as I'm typing this, remembered why it's historically famous ( gold rush, I assume, not the ice cream whose jingle has been in my head all morning.)

2) Lizard 2/1  No chance, went for alliteration, though upon seeing the answer it rings a bell. 

3) Clippy 1/2  Just reading the question annoyed me.  I hated that damn paper clip.  

4) Minogue 3/3   No clue. Thought I had a shot but I guess the band being Australian was meaningless.  

5) Suez Canal  0/0  First thought was Statue of Liberty, but no way it took that long to build.  It clicked right away once I thought about bigger international projects, and I think will be a gimme for the better history students amongst us.

6) War and Peace 2/2 Not that surprised that my guess was correct, but I was sort of hoping it was wrong, I'm worried it will be the default guess or a gimme for most and I overdefended.

Mirkin crushes me 8(5)- 4(4), but great minds think alike of lizards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment