Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Brian Day 2 vs SeifD

 4/6 and it probably comes down to defense

1) Godzilla 0/1  A great Thorsten question; Japanese director combined with "its American debut" pointed the way.   I was actually at the NY premiere for the 1998 movie at MSG, it was very cool to be in the building when it was blown up onscreen.  I'm taking a chance giving Dave a 1 on a film question, but I think he'll get to the most logical guess. 

2) Ugg 2/2   Ugh is right.

3) Benin 3/1  Educated/lucky guess. Knew Mali's empire was much older, and between Togo and Benin which are sandwiched between Burkina Faso, Ghana and Nigeria, Benin rang a bell as an empire. 

4) Gotterdammerung 2/2  Hoping to get classical music points for my knowledge of the Ring Cycle. Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!

5) Garden gnome 1/3  No chance; are Calder or Duchamp strongly associated with this?  

6) Gross 1/0  The closest any of today's questions are to a gimme.

A 6(4) - 4(2) victory.  And a complete overestimation of the gimme-ness of gross anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment