3/6
1. Who was hired away from NBC's Today show in 1976 to serve as co-anchor, with Harry Reasoner, on ABC's flagship nightly news program, becoming the first woman to serve in such a role in American television history?
Correct Answer: BARBARA WALTERS
Your Answer: Walters
Points Assigned: 0
Correct Answer: BARBARA WALTERS
Your Answer: Walters
Points Assigned: 0
It had to be Barbara Walters.
2. What World War II battle, part of the Allied effort to retake the Philippines, is widely considered the largest naval engagement in history and recorded the first planned use of Japanese kamikaze attacks?
Correct Answer: BATTLE OF LEYTE GULF
Your Answer: Batlle of Manilla
Points Assigned: 1
2. What World War II battle, part of the Allied effort to retake the Philippines, is widely considered the largest naval engagement in history and recorded the first planned use of Japanese kamikaze attacks?
Correct Answer: BATTLE OF LEYTE GULF
Your Answer: Batlle of Manilla
Points Assigned: 1
I listened to the Hardcore History series on the war in the Pacific and I did not recall this.
3. With the exception of its first year during the 2014 season (when Ohio State defeated Oregon), every instance of the College Football Playoff National Championship Game has featured one of two teams (and on three occasions, both of these teams). Identify these two teams (only school names are required).
Correct Answer: ALABAMA, CLEMSON
Your Answer: Alabama, Clemson
Points Assigned: 2
3. With the exception of its first year during the 2014 season (when Ohio State defeated Oregon), every instance of the College Football Playoff National Championship Game has featured one of two teams (and on three occasions, both of these teams). Identify these two teams (only school names are required).
Correct Answer: ALABAMA, CLEMSON
Your Answer: Alabama, Clemson
Points Assigned: 2
I knew it was Alabama and wasn't sure if it was LSU or Clemson. I guessed right.
4. What pop group, who had hits in 2009 with "1901" and "Lisztomania", has a name that would fit in a list with the names of the bands who recorded "More than a Feeling" and "Feelin' Stronger Every Day"?
Correct Answer: PHOENIX
Your Answer: Miami
Points Assigned: 1
4. What pop group, who had hits in 2009 with "1901" and "Lisztomania", has a name that would fit in a list with the names of the bands who recorded "More than a Feeling" and "Feelin' Stronger Every Day"?
Correct Answer: PHOENIX
Your Answer: Miami
Points Assigned: 1
Damnit. When I saw those song titles I immediately thought those were from the same band that did the song Napolean Says. Then I thought, I have not listened to pop music since 2007. Then I focused on the second part and got Boston and Chicago. Somehow my brain stopped working at this point and did not put down Pheonix because I guess I always thought of them as the bird rising from the ashes rather than a city? Wow, this one pains me.
5. CBC is the abbreviation for a standard diagnostic laboratory test used to detect anemia, infections, and various other medical disorders. What do the letters in CBC stand for?
Correct Answer: COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT
Your Answer: Common Blood Chart
Points Assigned: 2
5. CBC is the abbreviation for a standard diagnostic laboratory test used to detect anemia, infections, and various other medical disorders. What do the letters in CBC stand for?
Correct Answer: COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT
Your Answer: Common Blood Chart
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea, but that makes sense was anemia.
6. Eighteen largely barren volcanic isles (along with hundreds of islets and skerries) situated in the North Atlantic between the Shetland Islands and Iceland make up, since 1948, what self-governing region of Denmark?
Correct Answer: FAROE ISLANDS
Your Answer: Faroe Islands
Points Assigned: 3
6. Eighteen largely barren volcanic isles (along with hundreds of islets and skerries) situated in the North Atlantic between the Shetland Islands and Iceland make up, since 1948, what self-governing region of Denmark?
Correct Answer: FAROE ISLANDS
Your Answer: Faroe Islands
Points Assigned: 3
I have always wanted to go. This should play really hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment