Friday, June 14, 2024

David S Day 19 vs. Brian (LLL)

4/6 vs. Brian in LLL. He and I have something like a 10-match streak of defending each other perfectly, but I feel like that may be ending today. 

1. Statin :). D10. Easiest q of the day, I suspect. 

2. Free at last :), D21. Pretty immortal words for an American, I think. 

3. Bavaria :), D32. Gimme for me. But not sure this will play easy for Americans. 

4. Herring :), D23. I knew this but struggled with D. Do I know it because herring is a Jewish food (in which case Brian will get it) or because I’ve had it on my many trips to the UK (Brian might not get it). I think - and based on my defense, hope - it’s the latter. 

5. Ohtani :(, D02. What a terrible miss. My thought process didn’t even venture beyond baseball. This is tricky, but I think I’d have had it if I’d thought about it more. 

6. Orient Express :(, D11. No idea. I’m sure Brian will correctly give me a D3 here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment