Friday, March 8, 2024

Jesse Day 19

3/6

1. The six dots in the logo of what television series match the six umbrellas in its opening credits?

Correct Answer: FRIENDS
Your Answer: The Umbrella Academy
Points Assigned: 1

Ohhhhh

2. A set of fossilized bones, classified initially as Pithecanthropus erectus and now included within the species Homo erectus, were found at Trinil at the River Solo on what island, after which this "man" is commonly named?
Correct Answer: JAVA
Your Answer: Java
Points Assigned: 1

It was the first island man I could think of. 

3. Shania Twain's second LP, from 1995, would become the best-selling album of all time by a female country artist, selling over 20 million copies worldwide. Her 1997 release would eclipse that, doubling the sales of its predecessor and remaining today the best-selling country album of all time. Give the title of either of these two blockbuster albums.
Correct Answer: THE WOMAN IN ME, COME ON OVER
Your Answer: Shania
Points Assigned: 2

Nope!

4. Since 2010, one school has won the NCAA Division I men's basketball championship in three different seasons, and they did so on each occasion with a different head coach. What is that university?
Correct Answer: UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
Your Answer: UConn
Points Assigned: 3

UConn won last year, and I remember them winning before. I live close to Villanova and knew there were just two wins, both with the same coach. I could not think of another school with multiple wins. 

5. Caroline, who was the wife of England's George II and had eight children, has been supposed (as have many others) to be the inspiration for a nursery-rhyme character who inhabited what?
Correct Answer: A SHOE
Your Answer: London Bridge
Points Assigned: 2

I considered shoe.

6. Although French general Henri Philippe Pétain was born in Cauchy-à-la-Tour in 1856 and was dubbed le lion de Verdun for leading victorious French forces in battle there, history will invariably (and unfavorably) most closely associate him with what other city, in Central France?
Correct Answer: VICHY
Your Answer: Vichy
Points Assigned: 0

Feels like a gimmie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment